Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pink Ombre Adventures!

Hello darlings!
Last Thursday I went to the hair salon to put color in my hair...PINK!
I've always dreamed of having pink hair, but the root maintenance was slightly intimidating.  A friend of mine had tried the ombre style with her hair, and while I didn't like the blonde, I thought I could try both things at the same time if I did it in pink, so that's what I did!


"OMG guys I've never dyed my hair before!!" 
It's true!  Before I did the pink ombre, the only dye I had used was wash out dye, so I had virgin hair!

Click "read more" to see a step by step photo process of my hair!



Let's get this party started!


It took about an hour and twenty minutes to put all the foils in my hair and to get everything bleached.  It was nuts!  My hairdresser was so patient and thorough while working through all of it. 

After leaving the bleach in for about 40 minutes, my hair looked like this:


Scary, right!?  I couldn't believe it!!  At this point, I was having second thoughts about the whole thing, but it was too late to turn back, so we kept on going!


"FIRST TIME UNDER THE HAIR DRYER!"
I was stupidly excited to be under that thing.  I've seen countless women go under the dryer, and in countless movies and music videos...it was fun.  I'm probably the only person on earth who thinks those hair dryer chairs are fun.


PINK!
Here's when the dye was going on, and I was too excited for words, and also incredibly nervous!

After the dye was washed off, it was a pale, peachy color.  I had mixed the dye myself and brought it into the salon, and apparently I had put in too much conditioner.  At this point, I'd been at the salon for almost four hours so I decided to let poor Anita (my hairdresser) go home.  To be honest I was pretty hungry as well so I went off and bought more hair dye and made dinner.

After I ate, mom helped me do the second round of pink dye.


This is how it turned out.  Almost a pink, peachy color.  The back bits were super pink, though the front stayed slightly orange since the bleach wasn't on that part of my hair for as long.  I thought it was kind of fun, and it reminded me of a strawberry-orange dreamsicle or something.  

The next day, I decided just to touch up the front parts of my hair, and here's the final result!


The front is still somewhat peachy, but I'm very pleased with it!  After the last round of dye, it looked almost like a pink to light orange gradient effect.  Super dreamy, right?  

My first hair dyeing experience was definitely an adventure, and I learned a few things too!  
1)  Make sure to leave the bleach on the front parts of your hair longer.  Or whatever the last section of hair was that you put the bleach on.  You want it to be the same amount of time so the color will be even on all of your hair.  
2)  Don't dilute the dye as much if you want a vibrant color!  It will come out lighter on your hair than it is in the bottle, so be careful!
3)  Bring more to read to the salon.  With long, thick hair, it's gonna take a very long time to get everything done!

For this color, I used N Rage's Bubblegum Pink hair dye.  It really does smell like bubblegum and it works very well if your hair is bleached properly, so I definitely recommend it!  It also fades well into a lovely peachy orange. ;)

I think after I've had the full pink for a while, I may leave the back ends pink, but dye the front bits blue or purple!  Maybe it will take better to a darker color when it isn't bleached as much?  I'll find out!  

I'm very new to unnatural hair colors and hair dye in general, but it's safe to say I got addicted!  Anyone have any tips or tricks they'd like to share?  Has anyone had a similar experience?  Let me know in a comment!

Oh!  And if you need color done and you're in the Austin area, make sure you visit Anita Johnson at the Mesa Hills Salon!

xoxo

Martha





No comments:

Post a Comment