Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Maid Cafe Adventures: All-Con 2014

Hey there honey bears!

As promised, here's the skinny on all things ALL-CON!
Well, all things MAID at All-Con.

As some of you know, my maid cafe dance group, the Kira Kira Maids, performs at All-Con Dallas every year, and this year was All-Con's 10th anniversary!  It was very exciting to be back again this year for our fourth All-Con!  At this four day convention, we had three concerts and had a merch table full of lovely decoden stuff!


Maid Kaya reporting for duty!  Ready to seize the day in PINK!


Before the first concert on Thursday, we got to the hotel, checked in, and set up our merch table!


These lovely deco goodies were all made by maid Ponnchi!  She's so incredibly talented, and we had some good sales during the convention!  There's an online shop in the works, so stay tuned!


The concert on Thursday was at 2, so after set up, the ladies performing in the show did some rehearsing, then ran onstage!


Credit for this photo goes to Daniel Brennan.

We even had our magical girl wands with us!  I always have a lot of fun singing and dancing with the maids, and this time I felt supercharged!  Each concert was better than the last, and I must say we ended our shows at the con with a bang on Saturday night!  If you'd like to see a little of what our show was like, check out this concert digest I put together for the maids' YouTube Channel!




After the show on Thursday, we stayed at the merch table for a while then went out for dinner...after that we pretty much crashed since it was a very busy day and a long drive up to Dallas!


Saturday we didn't have a concert until 9pm, so I ran around to do some networking and go to a few panels after my shift at the table.  But first--


I found Scooby Doo and Daphne!  I see a lot of Mystery Inc. cosplayers, but rarely Scooby!  He was too cute!  And as you can see, I wore my seifuku during the day!  It's super comfy, and Hazel wore her seifuku with me.

TIME FOR SEIFUKU SELFIES!





I will probably snag more seifukus in the future...I have an addiction since I wear it all the time!


But what's that on my bow?

                                       

A KIRA KIRA ENTERTAINMENT BUTTON!
Featuring the Kira Kira Maids on the front!!
For their 10th anniversary, All-Con made buttons of the convention themes over the years, along with various acts and vendors who have come to the con over the years--and the maids were picked to be one of them!  I didn't even know this until Todd (the wonderful con chair) came over and handed me one.  He told me that there were 200 of these babies circulating around the con for trading and collecting!!!  I was seriously speechless, and so grateful!


I had so much fun going to panels and making new friends that I didn't get too much shopping done (which is probably a good thing for my wallet), but I did pick up a few things!  Here's what I bought:



So this lovely little brooch was made by the folks at Punk'dWorks!  They make jewelry out of clock gears!  It's all got a steampunk theme, but this caught my eye because of the pastel cameo...of a skeleton lady!  Cool, huh?  I've always admired steampunk from afar but I didn't think I could pull it off.  Starting in small doses with pieces like this is good, and I've already worn this a few times since buying it!  
The man at the booth was nice (and very stylish in his Steampunk garb), although he did make some stereotypical comments about girls which made Natsume and I roll our eyes...but that's why Kira Kira Entertainment and the maids go to cons!  To educate and promote cute and feminine culture!  If I see him again, I'll be sure to have a chat with him.  I'd also like to meet his wife next time around, as she does the actual piecing together of the jewelry while he finds and gathers up all of the clock gears.  


My next purchase was this manhwa!  I thought it was a manga at first, but by looking closer I saw that it was drawn and written in Korea, therefore it is classified as a manhwa!  I fell in love with the art style on the cover, and that was the only reason I bought it really.  It's just so beautiful!  Look at those big, sparkly eyes!  And luckily, it was half off!  ...so I bought the first four volumes.  XD  I finished reading the first volume, and it's super interesting!  I'll do a review of it in my next post!


The last piece at All-Con was actually bought for me by Natsume!  She's such a sweetheart, and a good friend of mine as well as a maid in the group.  She knew I loved rose quartz, and so she found a booth selling necklaces made with various crystals and bought me one with rose quartz in it!  It's tied on a simple black cord, and I'm actually wearing it right now!  It's good for those simple days, and it gives off good energy!  I'll make sure to include it in an outfit post in the future. 


A huge highlight from this All-Con, and one of the most important for me, was making new friends and reconnecting with old ones!  The ladies of the Disney Princess panel came to two of our shows and rocked out with us, and we had a lot of fun at their panel too!  We had a whole bunch of shenanigans later Saturday night with them, but y'all wouldn't want to read about those, right? ;)  But here's a photo of us at dinner before things got too crazy:


As you can see (kind of), I'm wearing my Pinkly Ever After dress!  Maid Rose has on a red maid uniform, Maid Hazel is in pink sweet lolita, Butler Akakiba in casual wear with a fedora, and Rosebud the Maid as Sailor Jupiter!  You can also see Artemis (she was Ursula in the Disney panel!) but she had her back to the camera...I don't think she likes cameras much. x3


I hope this post was enjoyable, and hopefully those of y'all in the area can come to All-Con next year!  It's the maids' favorite con of the year, and we'd love to see you there!


If you want to see more photos of our concerts, you can go to our Facebook Page!

Thanks for reading, and see you next time!

xoxo

Maid Kaya ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment