Friday, July 4, 2014

Fashion Loves: Swankiss

Hello everyone!

I want to start introducing my fashion inspirations to you, and today I'm going to start with a brand that I've just gotten into recently:  Swankiss!

Swankiss is considered part of the Gyaru style, and also fits well with Himekaji style as well.  The shop concept for Swankiss is:

"A girl with a garland of flowers in her blond hair dances happily in a jewel box.
What a romantic, sweet, fanciful world. Apparel that girls around the world want to wear when they are happy. A space where you can shine like a white swan and never loose your girlish feelings. That's Swankiss."

An interesting concept, right?  A lot of the shop concepts from Japanese fashion brands almost seem like mini stories, or mini worlds, like they've created a world of their own for you to live in.  It's fun, isn't it?

Anyway, check out some of the amazing fashion from Swankiss!












Isn't everything wonderful?  That ballet slipper bag in particular is calling out to me. XD
Everything in this brand has a very dreamy, feminine feel and I love that.  It's soft, but it has just the right amount of quirkiness to it to make it different from other girly brands I've seen.  Sugary sweet, but sassy at the same time.  I've felt myself being more drawn to gyaru fashion these days, and Swankiss stood out to me as something different from the rest.
I also really like the personal style of Saaya Hayashida, founder and creative director of the brand.  She fully embodies what Swankiss is, and honestly the only way I can think of to describe her style is a ballerina with attitude!  Making my twin tails as fluffy and fabulous as hers are is now a new life goal.

Let's take a look at some things that they currently have on sale, shall we?











Too much cute in one place!  I'm in love with the two one-pieces, the bandeau, and the beret!  Those fuzzy shoes are pretty fabulous too.  
They have a lot more lovely things on their website!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this little introduction on Swankiss!  Actually, Miss Hayashida is at Anime Expo in LA this weekend with Kawaii International at the NHK booth!  If any of you are in the area, y'all should definitely go and check it out!

That's all for now, but I'll be back with more lovely things for you soon!  Oh!  And Happy July everyone!

Thank you for reading, and see you in my next post!

xoxo

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment