Monday, August 18, 2014

Fashion Loves: Fig&Viper

Hello lovelies!
I'm back with another fashion loves post since it's been a while since my last time.
This time, we're talking Fig&Viper! 

Fig&Viper is a brand based out of Tokyo, Japan, and was created by model and DJ Alisa Ueno.
A little background on the designer, she started out as a model for magazines like Ranzuki and Popteen in 2007.  In 2011 she created Fig&Viper, which she says is inspired by the things she sees around her in her travels around the world.  

This may be a bit different than the sweet stuff I usually post, but I'm beginning to enjoy mixing sweet styles with edgy pieces and street fashion.  I remembered watching a segment on Kawaii International about Fig&Viper a few months back, and thought this brand was the perfect inspiration for incorporating more street style into my wardrobe.

I love the 90s inspired looks that have been in Fig&Viper's recent collections, and the slouchy silhouette of their sweatshirts and tees combined with tight short shorts creates a good balance of shape.  That's one of those unwritten fashion guidelines, right?  Always pair something tight with something loose.  I like this type of look because it brings attention to your legs while still being very comfortable because of the loose top.

Check out some of the pieces for sale from Fig&Viper!















My favorite pieces include the translucent floral sweatshirt (above), the spiked denim shorts, the over-sized purple sweater, and the comic print crop top.  Let me know what your favorite pieces are in a comment down below!  I'd love to hear more about the style of my readers. ^^

As you can see, as well as hiring other models, Alisa also models in the official product photos, and I think that's a great thing to see.  A lot of designers don't model their own products, so when they do, it shows that they design clothes that they love to wear, and that they strongly believe in what they put out for their consumers.  

How about we do some online window shopping?




These three pieces in particular caught my eye, and those shoes are the perfect example of what I've been into lately.  Mixing pastel colors with black, sweet with an edge.  They're actually sold out on their online shop, and I can definitely see why.  

If you'd like to see more cool things from Fig&Viper and learn a little more about the brand, please check out their website here!

I also recommend you follow Alisa on Instagram, because she posts a lot of her own outfits and style, updates about the brand's new releases, and lots of other fun stuff!

I hope you enjoyed reading up on this amazing brand!

Just a quick announcement, I made an account on bloglovin, so if you like what you read here, I would greatly appreciate it if you followed me there, so you can always stay updated on my new posts! ^^  There's a pink button on the top left sidebar for you to click on if you wish.

Thank you so much for reading.  It truly means a lot to me.

I'll see you in my next post!

xoxo

Martha


No comments:

Post a Comment