Friday, August 8, 2014

Outfit: Dreamy Casual

Hello lovely readers!

I'm back with another outfit post, but it's much different than the last one, much more like my usual pastel-colored fare.  I went out with my mom to try a Berlin style kepap (that's how it's spelled auf Deutsch) place here in Austin called Verts, and I wanted to wear something comfortable, but still bright and fun.  

Let's get to it!






Details from the top down:
Sailor Moon Cap: Bought from an Anime Convention
Sailor Moon Earrings: hobbit.town Jewelry
Necklace: Thrift Shop
Tank Top: Forever 21
Shorts: Forever 21
Floral Sneakers: Target

Cute, casual, and comfortable was the name of the game for this outfit!  First off, I know I've featured my Sailor Moon cap on here a lot, but I don't think I've ever given y'all a good close up of it!  That problem was fixed today!  In that close up shot, you can see Sailor Moon and her brooch surrounded by pink stars.  I've had this cap for two years now, and it's stayed in great condition!  Next are the earrings from hobbit.town jewelry that I've been wearing non-stop, they go with just about everything in my closet!  The necklace is new to the blog, as I found it while thrift shopping with my grandmother recently.  I'm a sucker for chunky, plastic jewelry, and anything resembling crystals!  

Fun fact, the tank top here is actually a nightgown!  A trick I like to use while shopping is finding cute tops in the pajama section!  You can buy nightgowns in smaller sizes and use them as tank tops or tunics, or you can just wear pajama shirts without their matching bottoms!  If it's basic cotton with a fun design, people can't tell the difference unless you're wearing the matching set.  The good thing about finding cute things in the pajama section is that they're usually cheaper than the printed T-shirts in the regular sections!  Take a trip into the pajama section of your favorite store and see what you can find!  I was attracted to the pastel colors and the ethereal design of the top, so I snatched it up fast!

The shorts are your basic denim, but they're incredibly stretchy and soft, making them great for days when you feel like you need a little extra comfort.  I bought these shorts about two or three years ago I think.  I haven't been able to find any more shorts at Forever 21 in this type of fabric recently, which is a shame, because things that are cute and comfortable are the best!

Last but not least are my favorite floral sneakers from Target.  When it's warm out, I wear them constantly.  They're incredibly comfortable, yet super sweet because of the delicate pink floral pattern on them.  They have the look of Keds but were a lot cheaper, and they fit my feet better too.  Keds are made for people with long, narrow feet, and since my feet are wide, they don't fit me well.  I was pleased that I could find a similar style without having awkward gaps at the sides.


That's it for today, y'all!

I hope you enjoyed this post, and please look forward to more in the future!

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you in my next post!

xoxo

Martha


No comments:

Post a Comment