Sunday, September 7, 2014

Fashion Loves: Glitters for Dinner

Happy Monday lovelies!

It's time for another Fashion Loves post!

This time, I'm talking about a shop called Glitters for Dinner!

I happened upon this brand while I was on Instagram.  I saw someone in my feed wearing one of their items and I had to check them out!

Glitters for Dinner is a handmade clothing label that is based in Melbourne, Australia, and ships its products from Bangkok, Thailand.  On their website it says "Unique and Affordable Clothing."  There isn't much available information on the brand other than that, and I don't know who the designer is because of the lack of information.  On their blog it states that Glitters for Dinner is run by "two lovers," and they only use one model for all of their products.  I guess it's a part of the marketing tactic, and it does make them a bit mysterious and interesting.  It also makes me think that the model may be one of the designers herself, which is pretty cool.

GFD takes a lot of inspiration from the 90's, and have clothing sets inspired by popular characters from the time, including Cher from Clueless and Sailor Moon. Their clothing reflects images of school girls, cheerleaders, and 90's era pop stars. The majority of their clothing is in matching sets so you can have a fully coordinated outfit very easily.  Of course, you can buy some pieces separately to mix and match, but they are also sold in their full set form.  GFD also uses interesting fabrics like faux fur, holographic fabric, PVC, and more, all in bright neon colors, with some black colorways as well.  

I've always enjoyed matching sets since I was young, since you have a full look that makes a statement whenever you wear one.  I was attracted to the fun, whimsical look of these clothes since they make you look like you popped out of another world.

Let's take a look at what they have to offer, shall we?







One of their most popular designs is the cheer set.  These are just a few that they have to offer, but they have so many more in lots of colors!








Out of the cheer sets, of course my favorite is the 'kawaii' set. xD  But I'd be happy with any of them!

If you'd like to do some shopping, check out the Glitters for Dinner store here!

If you want some super cute pictures and updates, you can also check out their Facebook and Instagram!

Just a note when shopping with GFD, they do not accept returns or refunds due to issues of size.  If it doesn't fit when it gets to you, you're stuck with it.  I'm not a fan of this policy, but it exists so I thought I would give you a heads up before you're stuck with something totally adorable that doesn't fit you.  Make sure to measure yourself accurately and compare your measurements to those in their shop before you make any purchases!

I hope you enjoyed reading about Glitters For Dinner, and I hope you look forward to the next Fashion Loves post!  If you know of any brands you'd like me to make a post on, recommend them to me in the comments below!

If you like what you read, I would appreciate it if you followed me here on Google, or on Bloglovin!

Thank you so much for reading, and I'll see you next time!

xoxo

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment