Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Gamer Girls"

Hello and good evening lovelies!

I apologize for missing my Monday outfit post, but I have a fantastic announcement!

Over the weekend, I auditioned for a Web Series called "Gamer Girls" and I got cast!

I'm so excited to be working on this production!

Here's a little back story:

"D&D isn’t just for guys. Join the Gamer Girls of UICC (University of Chicago) as they hack and slash their way through dungeons and get hyper on Mountain Dew until they pass out or lose all their health. However, having the double X chromosome isn’t always as pleasant as people think, especially when you roll dice for damage…"

And check out the trailer!


This Web Series is produced by Michaela Laws, who created "Seduce Me," a popular new visual novel that will be fully released to the public in just over 90 days!  She writes and produces for Seraphim Entertainment, and is a voice actor and producer for Voiceiyuu.  

She's also one of my best friends. xD  We met our Freshman year in college and we've been friends ever since.  I'm grateful that she's given me the opportunity to voice act again, since the last acting gig I had was two years ago before I changed major to Music Business.  It feels great to stretch my acting muscles again, and dust the cobwebs off of my condenser mic.

The content of this series is near and dear to my heart, since as a gamer myself, I have experienced some discrimination because of my gender.  I play the character Veronica, who is a bit of a tomboy and plays as a Rogue.  Outside of her gaming life, she has an older brother named Todd who doesn't like the fact that she prefers to game than study.

I can't wait to get started on this series, and I get to work with some fantastic voice actors, artists, and musicians!

I'll make sure to keep y'all updated on the production as it goes along.

I hope you're just as excited about it as I am!

Thanks so much for reading, and I'll see you next time!

xoxo

Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment