Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Molang Journals!

Good Evening darlings!
For this post, I'm not talking about cute fashion, but some cute character products!
Over Winter break, I was working a Christmas Party with the maid cafe I run, Kira Kira Maids, and one of the maids came in with a very cute rabbit plushie.  She left him on the table to help deocrate, and I couldn't help but wander over and give him a squeeze!  I asked her what is was and she answered:  "Oh that's Molang.  He's a Korean bunny rabbit."  


Seriously.  Could you resist squeezing him?  

After the party I decided to do a little research.  I found a Facebook Page for Molang, and on the page it had this quote:

"Molang is a small and lovable animal.

He’s very curious and a big dreamer.
Molang loves to have fun and to make/give/blow? kisses.
But what he loves most is to eat strawberries.

As soon as Molang catches a whiff of this fruit,

its cheeks turn a little pinker and its eyes shine a little brighter."

Most of the cute characters I knew with different merchandise were either from Sanrio or San-x, so it was very cool to find another character to enjoy!  I'm not sure what company designs him, so if anyone knows please let me know and I'll update this post!

Click "read more" to see what products I bought and to see more cute pictures of Molang!

Once I found out more information about Molang, I took to eBay to figure out what products I could get with him on them!  I have a bit of a journal obsession, and I always carry one with me wherever I go just in case a good idea pops into my head.  

Previously, I had been using a Mamegoma notebook to write in for brainstorming and such:


Cute, right?  I bought this journal from a shop called Momoko's in Austin.



I also have a mamegoma pencil case!  I bought this a few years back from a booth at A-kon, and have been using it ever since because of how adorable it is!

So!  To go with my cute pencil case, I bought some adorable journals!


I ordered eight journals in total, but they came in sets of four at a discounted price, so I was very pleased with the value.  I bought the journals from a shop on eBay called Cupid Gift.

Here is the first set of journals:

"Open up you heart and greet the worldas it is.
We can always find joy and love
wherever our eyes rest."

It's a very sweet little poem, even if there is a typo in the first line. XD  Ah well.  I enjoy the pink color in this journal and the floral design around the edges.  I always appreciate journals that have designs on the back as well.  

Bunny pile trying to get the carrot!  We all know how hard it is to resist sweets, Molang.



"If you can dream it, you can do it.
Always remember this whole thing
was started by Molang."

The first line is nice, but I'm not sure what the second part is referring to.  Molang, I'm pretty sure Walt Disney said that first.  Silly ball of fluff.




This is the same quote that was on the journal above.  

Out of these first four, I have to say the coffee shop journal is my favorite.  Even though my favorite color is pink, the sweets surrounding Molang on the cover with his roly-poly self going to eat them is just so cute and charming.  


Here I have a standard 8.5" x 11" spiral under the journal to compare the size, and the Molang journal is only slightly smaller, so it would definitely work for school if you wish to use it for that purpose.  

On to the second set of journals!



Pink and cupcakes...how can you go wrong?




Now honey and blue stars! And the honey jar even has a face!













"Let's go and have something delicious
The fruit is very fresh and tastes good
I'm happiest when I'm eating delicious fruit."

I share the sentiment, Molang.  Fruit is wonderful.  And so is the fruit print on this journal!







"Molang and the petty daily life."

Does your petty daily life involve sitting with your friends and staring at carrots with faces?

I'm not exactly sure what this quote means, although I found somewhere that this might supposed to be the "pretty daily life."  That doesn't make too much sense either, but it doesn't bother me much.  



Now the journals in the second set are longer and just slightly wider than your standard 8.5" x 11," but they're also thinner than the journals in the first set.  Still very usable for school or work, and they don't take up a lot of space in your bag. 

Here's what they look like on the inside:

First set:





Second Set:




As you can see,they're both filled with lined paper with cute Molang doodles on the top!  I love the Molang cupcakes in the first set!

These journals are definitely super cute, and so fun to use!  They make taking notes just a little bit more fun, since I smile every time I take one out of my backpack.  ^^

I highly recommend Cupid Gift as well!  My order was shipped within a day of payment, and it arrived right on time!  The journals were protected nicely in bubble wrap in a well-sealed cardboard box. 


Do you love cute stationary?  Do you know Molang?

Let me know, and tell me about other cute characters you love taking to work with you!

xoxo

Martha







2 comments:

  1. Extremely cute, is there stuff on eBay too? ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's where I bought all of these! They have journals, planners, plushies...all kinds of stuff!

      Delete