Sunday, April 27, 2014

Outfit: Academy Girl


Hey there honey bears!
It's been a while!  Life has been pretty crazy with a whole bunch of rehearsals, performances, and HOMEWORK!  And while the homework won't stop since exams are coming up, I've done my last ensemble performances of the year!  YAY!

So!  I have another outfit post for you!  This one was inspired by school fashion in anime, particularly those fancy Academies and boarding schools you see in Shoujo titles.

Let's go!


Note:  I apologize for the streaky mirror...I tried cleaning it with a Mr. Clean magic eraser but WOW it didn't work.  Back to good old Windex!





Details:
Turtleneck:  Thrift Shop (Originally Ralph Lauren)
Skirt:  Bodyline
Necklace:  Charming Charlie's

The goal for this outfit was to be simple, stylish, and cute!  I personally like the cream turtleneck paired with the skirt.  The color combination is one of my favorites, yet the clean cut style of both pieces reflects that academy type look I was going for.
Usually when I put together an outfit based off of anime style, I add a whole bunch of accessories and make up to play up the animation factor, but since students of these institutions are supposed to be clean cut, I decided to go with a pendant necklace and minimal make up.  I like that the pendant necklace is simple, but it's still big enough to be seen from a distance and has great sparkle!


I wore this outfit on the last day of choir tour a couple of weeks ago, and it was still very comfortable to wear on the long bus ride back to campus.  Fashion and comfort together is always A+!  

I hope you enjoyed this outfit, and look forward to new posts!  I received a bunch of new items in the mail, so I have some shop reviews coming your way very soon!

What's your favorite anime Academy?  Would you wear their uniform?  Let me know in the comment section!

Thanks so much for reading, and I'll see you in my next post!

xoxo

Martha








No comments:

Post a Comment