Thursday, April 3, 2014

Outfit: First of Spring!




Hey there honey bears!
I'm back with another outfit post!
It's FINALLY starting to feel somewhat like Spring up here in Central Illinois, so on Monday I broke some things out of my Spring wardrobe!  Spring clothes are the cutest, right?  You can still layer, but you don't have to bundle up to brave any blizzards. ;)  Let's go!













Details:
Hoodie:  Lion King the Musical
Top:  Urban Outfitters
Shorts:  Target
Shoes:  Rue 21
Bracelet:  Target
Necklace:  Hot Topic
Headband:  Forever 21
Obnoxious Pink Phone Case:  H&M

Wearing this outfit made me so happy, and it helped make a great start for my week!  I love the combination of pink and white, I just think they go so well together, and I liked pairing the delicate lace of the top with the funky print in the shorts.  The floral print in the shorts also went with the floral print in the shoes.  It was also nice that the black shoes and hoodie went together.  The bracelet and necklace were added to up the girly pink theme, and you can never go wrong with Hello Kitty, right?  The shorts have some spikes near the pockets, so I paired my spiky headband with the outfit to compliment those.  Also I loved that my shorts and my hair matched. XD  My hair was also extra super cotton candy fluffy, so that was also a plus!


I did my make up a little differently than usual, but I actually like it a lot, and it's quick to do in the mornings!  I put a nice pink blush on the apples of my cheeks for a rosy glow, although I might have added more than that and gone into dolly-land. XD  Oh well, I thought it was fun, and since the eyes and lips were kept toned down, it didn't bother me.  The eyes were done in a simple shimmery gold eye shadow over the lid, on the corner of the eye, and under the eye as well.  On the outer third of the top eyelid, I used a thick brush to wing out some dark brown eye shadow to add more definition to my eyes, but by not lining the whole lid it kept the look soft.  I blended the line a bit with a fluffy brush, added a few coats of mascara, and I was done!  For my lips, I just put on some lip balm, and then topped it with the Clinique raspberry glace that I wrote about in my last post!  I didn't want a very dark color since the cheeks already stood out, so the lip balm softened the color a bit and I think it worked nicely.

I wanted this whole look to be youthful and fresh for Spring!  Did I get it right?  Let me know what you think, and tell me some things you like to wear in the Springtime!  

Here's another photo in the practice room mirror just for good measure and better lighting. ;D


More fun posts will be coming your way this month, so I hope you'll stay tuned!  Thanks so much for reading, and I'll see you next time!

xoxo

Martha






No comments:

Post a Comment