Saturday, June 28, 2014

June Fashion!


Hello all you lovely people!

It's been a while since I've done a proper outfit post on here, but I have been keeping up with my favorite outfits this month!  So, I've decided to do a post on my favorite fashion in June.  This includes the colorful fashion I usually wear, and some new things I decided to try.

Let's go!




I wore the above outfit to an album release party at Spider House.  Pojo the Idealist (who I went to high school with and acted in plays with) released his second album, Love, this month, and it's great!  I'm so glad I was able to go and support his newest release.  Anyway, my theme for the above outfit was Space Babe! XD  Nothing says space babe like a galaxy unicorn top, right?  Here's the rundown:

Top:  Wal Mart
Ring:  A gift--from a local artisan in Austin I believe
Ribbon:  Holley Tea Time
Eye Jewels:  JoAnn's

I liked playing with the make up for this look.  I went for sharp, dark eyebrows, thick black eyeliner, and of course the jewels!  I also tried something new with my hair.  I took the shorter layers, twisted them, and pinned them to the side.  That alone gave me the poof I wanted on top, but it looked unfinished, so I braided it and added a ribbon.  I thought it was fun and whimsical, so I kept it!  I also like how the pink in my hair goes with the purple and blue of the galaxy print.

Side note, I don't shop at Wal Mart anymore because I don't support the way they treat their employees.  It's awful. T__T







This next outfit was just for a day running errands...but I wanted to look cute anyway.  XD  Here's the details:

Top:  Target
Shorts:  Macy's
Shoes:  Dr. Martens via Zappos
Bunny Ring:  Kira Kira Entertainment Shop
Bracelets:  Dollar Store

I like the combination of black and pink, so that's what I went for in this look.  I'm so incredibly excited about those Dr. Martens sneakers, they're so in-your-face and fashionable, but still super comfortable.  I also like that this top has a bit of a high-low effect so I can show off just a bit of tummy without it being a full crop top.  For make up, I played with the pink and black theme by putting pink eye shadow on the outer half of my eyes, and a grey shimmer on the inner half, blending well.  I then put my thick black liner on top of it, and did the dark arched brows as well.  This time, instead of leaving the lips neutral, I put on a magenta color using my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick.  



 



This next outfit is one I wore at Texas Comicon once our Kira Kira Maids concert was over on Saturday!  We went back to the hotel room quickly to change, then worked our booth and took turns wandering around.  I didn't want to wear a cosplay because it was HOT, but I wanted to be wacky, cute, and have some character swag at the same time.  So, here's the rundown!

Domo-kun Crop Top:  H&M
Shorts:  Target
Ribbon:  Pinkly Ever After
Kitty Pin:  Sweet Spirits
Bangle:  Dear by Amanda Bynes
Sailor Moon Earrings:  Hobbit Town Jewelry
Glasses:  Rue21

While I was packing for this trip, I thought domo-kun would be perfect to bring along, and because it was so hot that weekend, the fact that it was a crop top was a plus!  I'm still trying to figure out how to pose in crop tops because they're not something I'm used to wearing quite yet.  Ah well, practice makes perfect!  Anyway, the top is super comfy and soft, as well as super cute!  Looking at the photos now, I'm not sure the shorts go too well with the pink on domo-kun, but there are worse things that could happen.  Anyway, I was happy to make use of my Sweet Spirits Suzy Cat brooch again, and wear it with my Sailor Moon Earrings that I got at the convention!  I'll be doing a review of Hobbit Town Jewelry in another post, so stay tuned for details!
My make up here is the make up I had on for the show:  Black eyeliner, super fluffy lashes, and BRIGHT WHITE highlight under the eyes, as well as purple eye jewels.  I could've gone without the glasses, but I put on so much highlight that at a close range I was afraid it would scare people, so the glasses balanced it out a bit. XD  And they're just super cute, right?  As far as hair goes, it had flattened out considerably after the show because of all of the dancing, so I threw it into a side ponytail and put on my Pinkly Ever After Princess Crystal Ribbon!  Perfect! Those ribbons served me well that weekend, since I wore one every day of the convention!
I apologize for the lighting in the close up pictures being so orange!  I'm still figuring out how to take good photos in hotel bathrooms...
 



This last outfit is by far the simplest, but sometimes you need to have those simple days.  Here's the details:

Dress:  Forever 21
Necklace and Earrings:  Thrifted

That's it! XD  Besides the sneakers which you can't see.  I'll be working on taking good full body photos soon so these fashion posts can improve!  Anyway, I wore this to see Silence the Musical, presented by Doctuh Mistuh productions at the Salvage Vanguard Theatre here in Austin.  I wanted to go with something comfortable and classy for the theatre.  This dress from Forever 21 has been one of my standbys for the past few years since it's comfortable, cute, and can be dressed up or down for any occasion.  
I also went for simpler make up here, using a brownish black eyeliner and a gold/beige shimmery highlight under the eyes (which will be featured in my June Favorites post)!  I did a gradient lip using my Covergirl Hot Passion lipstick on the inside of my lips.  

As you can see in the last two outfits, I added purple to my hair!  I wanted to try something a little different, and I've always loved the combination of lavender and pink!  I think I'll keep this color combination for a while since I like it a lot.  For the purple I used N Rage's Purple Plum and diluted it with a whole lot of conditioner!  It's more of a blue based purple than a red based purple, but it works for me!


Whew!  I hope y'all enjoyed my fashion rundown for June, and are looking forward to more fashion posts in July!  I still have my June Favorites to post, a review on Hobbit Town Jewelry like I mentioned above, and a a haul with a discussion on sizes at one of my favorite stores. ;)

Thanks so much for reading, and I'll see you in my next post!

xoxo

Martha



No comments:

Post a Comment