Monday, June 16, 2014

Review: Bodyline Purple Seifuku

Hey people!

Today I'm back with another review, and it's SEIFUKU TIME!


For those of you who don't know what a Seifuku is, a Seifuku is an abbreviation for "Seira Fuku" or "Sailor Uniform" in Japanese.  Seifukus are what Japanese girls wear to school as their uniforms.  In the past few years, Seifukus have taken off not only as required wear for school, but as a fashion trend!  They not only come in the tradition patterns and colors, but they can come in bright colors with tons of different accessories.

I already have a pink Seifuku, but I decided to get another since I love them so much.  This time, it's purple!  I ordered my Seifuku from Bodyline, and it cost me $22.  There was a free shipping thing going on around the time I bought it, and it's always best to buy from Bodyline when those things happen, or else you'll be paying $10-$20 for shipping, at least to the US where I'm from.

Onto the pictures!



It came in one of those plastic mailing sleeves, and this is how it looked when I unfolded it.  It was on a hanger and in a plastic garment bag.  The hanger was broken, but there was no damage to the garment itself.


Here we have a close up of the ribbon--tag still attached--no loose threads or anything.  It's in good shape!  Its length is adjustable to however you'd like to wear it.


And the skirt!  It's wrinkled from being folded up in its parcel, but the pleats are very well intact and held together neatly by the white thread at the bottom.  When you receive your Seifuku, you have to gently pull out the thread with a pair of scissors, and then your skirt will be properly flippy!


I got my pink Seifuku around three years ago I think, so they've added a few updates to them, one being these hanger loops on the skirt!  Convenient for when you don't have one of those skirt hangers with clips, you can just hang it on a normal hanger!


Another update is the design of the white stripes on the back of the top.  The lines on my pink Seifuku are just normal and straight, while these have a little loop at the corner.  Not a huge difference, but I think it's a cute little touch.


I've posted photos of myself in full Seifuku, but let me show you an example of how I coordinated it with something else!


Seifuku Top:  Bodyline
Shorts:  Target
Kandi Bracelet:  From a friendly raver :D

Here I used the top of the Seifuku as a crop top, then put on my favorite pair of pink shorts with it, and just a simple kandi bracelet for a little jewelry.  I think the outfit in itself makes a statement enough, so it doesn't need too many accessories.


Seifukus are very versatile in that you can mix and match the top or bottom with multiple different pieces to make a super cute outfit!  Not many people notice that the individual piece came from a school uniform design anyway, especially if your Seifuku is in a bright color like this one!

This product is well made, has great color, and has some nice little updates from its previous version, so I'll give the Seifuku a 5/5 stars!

I was a little disappointed with the broken hanger in the packaging, but since the garment itself had no damage, and I have plenty of hangers, I decided not to take any points off.  

Do you like Seifuku fashion?  Do you have a Seifuku?  Where do you like to purchase yours?  Let me know in the comments!

I hope you enjoyed the review, and I'll see y'all in my next post!

xoxo

Martha











No comments:

Post a Comment