Saturday, June 7, 2014

Sweet Spirits Review: Suzy Cat

Hey there everyone!

Happy Saturday!


I hope you're having a good day today.

Since my last few posts were related to the music industry, I decided to change it up today with a review!  I've had this product for a few months already, so it's way overdue!


So back in April, I was looking through my jewelry box and after getting rid of some things I didn't wear anymore, I decided to look for some new things.  Other fashion blogs like Pastel Cubes had shown products from a store called Sweet Spirits.

Sweet Spirits specializes in pastel accessories that are in a Fairy Kei 80s style.  Fairy Kei is something I've been interested in for a long time, so I thought I would give this shop a try.  The item I bought is the Suzy Cat brooch, which also doubles as a hair clip!


Here's the stock photo!  


Now, onto the unboxing!


There were little doodles all over the package in pastel colors.  I thought it was a cute touch.


Inside the package, I noticed some extras wrapped in pink bubble wrap!


Stickers!  They say "Sweet Spirits" in Katakana.  I'll put one on my laptop with the rest of my stickers.


A magical unicorn magnet!  It's pretty big!  It's now on my freezer.  It keeps the ice cream safe. XD


And another magnet, this time a small one.  It has a pastel rainbow planet with a ring around it!  I love the look of this magnet, since galaxy themes, especially in pastel colors, are something I've been into recently.


Now, onto the actual product.


The brooch was in this little plastic bag tied up with a pink ribbon!


And inside the plastic bag was a cloth bag, also pink, that you can see though.  The product was well protected, and I think the cloth bags are darling.  I felt like I was opening a present instead of receiving something I bought online.


Here's the brooch finally unwrapped!  Isn't it adorable?  It's more delicate than I thought it would be.  The wings are made from a very thin material, so I have to be careful not to bend them.  Also, you can see the purple alligator clip through the wings if you look closely.


Taking a look at the back, you can see both clips firmly attached to the cat base, and the base actually has a very clean finish on the back.  Some shops don't put as much care into the back of their clips since they aren't seen, but I appreciate the attention to detail that Sweet Spirits put into this.


Going back to the front, this brooch looks just like the stock photo!  The resin is made well, it has a wonderful sparkle, and the little heart on the front is glued down and sturdy so it won't fall off easily.


I like how there are even ridges in the resin for the whiskers!  Too cute!  It's smooth and lightweight, so whether on a shirt, your bag, or in your hair, this brooch will stay put without being too heavy, and you'll look super cute!


Here's how it looks in an outfit!






As you can see, I used it as a pin on my shirt, and I think it complimented Pikachu well, don't you? XD
I used it as a pink accent with my hair, my striped earrings, and my Sailor Moon cap!  It was a character kind of day.


Since this product is well made, versatile, and easy to coordinate, I give it a 5/5 stars!  The team at Sweet Spirits also sent it well packaged, in a timely manner, and were kind enough to send along cute extras!

If you'd like to get your own Suzy Cat clip, you can get it here for $15!  We can match!

I'll definitely shop at Sweet Spirits again in the future, as my experience with them was a good one!  Make sure you check them out!

I hope you enjoyed the review, and I'll see you in my next post!

xoxo

Martha








No comments:

Post a Comment